Lake Hood will be closed on the following dates:
February 24th - 25th 2018
Full lake closure all day.
Northern end closure all day.
Northern end closure all day.
The area surrounding the lake can be used,
but boats are not allowed on the water.
During certain events, the lake may be partially
closed. In this instance, please keep clear of these areas.
Open to the public:
On all other days, the lake is open to the public.
A year-round calendar of events provides an ever-changing range of entertainment and activity for the community.
With an eight lane international specification rowing course, international water ski course, jet skiing area and plenty of room to either swim, leisure boat, windsurf, or kayak, there are any number of activities for active people of all ages.
There are also scheduled events on the lake adding to the vibrant waterside lifestyle, including waterskiing and sailing classes, national rowing regattas and kayaking championships, dragon-boat racing and swimming competitions.
Lake Hood is an exciting destination for a wide range of community events and competitions on the water, from rowing regattas to waterskiing.
Club nights will be held each week on a Wednesday from 5.00pm – 8.00pm. If weather is
unsuitable the postponement is to the Thursday night. This will begin after Ch Ch Show weekend
for the 2017/ 2018 season. If you would like to ski - look on the Lake Hood Waterski Clubs Facebook page as we have posted the latest newsletter for Lake Hood Waterski clubs events. Under the heading Club Night roster it shows the boat drivers’ contact details so you can phone them to
make a booking. A casual set is $30.
Ashburton Sailing Club night on Wednesdays (for adults) from 6.30pm at the South end of Lake Hood. (Over summer from October)
Ashburton Sailing Club Youth Programme on Sundays between 11.00am-1.00pm at the new extension of Lake Hood. Begins October 29th 2017 and operates in both the 4th and 1st school terms.
• February 10/11th Aquafest tournament – 3 event
• February 17/18th Stand up Paddle Board Event – canals and west arm
• February 24/ 25th 2018 Ashburton Rowing club - Rowing Regatta - full closure both days
• March 10th South Island Dragon Boat Champs - northern end closure from 5pm on the 9th of March until 7.30pm on the 10th
• March 17th Open Water Swimming Event - West Arm
from 8.00am – 2.30pm
• March 18th Classic Boat regatta
• March 23/24th 2018 New Zealand Dragon Boat Champs
- northern end closure from 5pm on the 22nd of March
until 7.30pm on the 24th
• March 24th Canterbury Rover Car Club rally
• March 24/25th Lake Hood 3 Event Tournament
• March 25th The 2018 Colour Run
• August 5th South Island Half Marathon
The 2018 Colour Run
Sunday 25th March 2018
The CanInspire Charitable Trust will once again
host their Colour Run at Lake Hood, Ashburton,
on Sunday the 25th of March.
The 5km fun run will take place between 10am
and 1pm and is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness. Participants will get to enjoy amazing water views while
be showered by vibrant colourful powders as they run, walk or jog the flat Lake Hood track.
Remember, it's not about how fast you can move,
but about how colourful you can become!
Tickets available from eventbrite.